Sunday, August 13, 2023

Meet Mrs. Taft!

WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN!

My name is Mrs. Taft and I am so excited to be your teacher this year!  Here are some things about me that you might like to know!

Here is what I looked like when I was in kindergarten!
 
I grew up in Edmonds, Washington.  It rains there a lot.  There are 6 kids in my family and I am the oldest. 

 
Now I live in Daybreak, right near Golden Fields. Some of you are my neighbors! This is a picture of my house.

I went to college at BYU and that is where I learned how to be a teacher.  I graduated in Early Childhood Education.

This is my 15th year of teaching!  I have taught first grade for 4 years and kindergarten for 11 years. I have been a teacher in Lehi, Herriman, and at Golden Fields!

This is my family.  My husband's name is Tyson.  We have 4 boys in a blended family. Carson is 18 and on a mission in Tampa, Florida. Mack is 18 and attending college at SUU.  Parker is 16 and runs XC and track. Mason is 16 and plays lacrosse. They are both in 11th grade at Herriman High School.


When I have free time, I enjoy making crafts, re-doing furniture, decorating my house, watching HGTV, and creating things in Photoshop on my computer. I also like to play my piano!

Here is a list of some of my favorite things:
 
Favorite Color: Light green/blue like the hearts above. The outside of my house is my favorite color!
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite Treats:  Peanut M&Ms, Pink or blue Mike and Ikes, Vanilla Charleston Chews, Cinnamon Bears
Favorite Places to Eat: Texas Roadhouse, Village Baker, Cubbys, Zupas, and Nielsen's
Favorite Thing to Do for Fun: Go to the movies
Favorite Places to Shop: Amazon, Walmart, Target
Favorite Book:  Harry Potter Series
Favorite Movies: Anything that is a musical 
Favorite Snacks: Fruit Leather, Cashews, Regular Sun Chips
Favorite Drink: Wild Strawberry or Peach Mango Crystal Light, Strawberry or Mango Refreshers from Swig

I can't wait until I know all about you too!  We are going to have a really fun year and learn so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment